The PMI Erie, PA Chapter is a not-for-profit organization founded with the following goals:
- Foster professionalism in the management of projects.
- Contribute to the quality and scope of project management.
- Stimulate appropriate global application of project management for the benefit of general public.
- Provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications, and solutions to project management issues among its members, and other interested and involved in project management.
- Identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.
- Promote and further the practice and profession of project management by the encouragement of corporations and other entities to adopt project management practices.
- Support education and training programs.
- Promote the understanding and dissemination of best practices.
- Establish local networking and interest exchange opportunities for practitioners.